From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of tps800
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 10:12 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: How can I handle over an environment variable within a build flow?

Hi!

I've set up a build flow using the "Build Flow
Plugin<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Build+Flow+Plugin>":
guard {
    build( "job1" )
    build( "job2" )
    build( "job3" )
    build( "job4" )
} rescue {
    build( "job_cleanup" )
}

Now I want two things:
1. All these jobs shall share one Workspace or if this isn't possible: how can
I handle a variable holding the workspace down to all jobs?

Job1 sets up a workspace, job2 and job3 work on it, job4 does too. They are
different jobs, but all work with the same workspace. How can I accomplish this?

2. How can I assure all these jobs are done in sequence until the last one
ends. All using one slot, without being interrupted?

At the moment it may be job1 runs, then job2 is queued, but has to wait until
an other job releases a slot, because an other job occupied the slot job1 had
used. I'd like to have something like job1 finishes, job2 is assigned the now
free slot, job2 finishes, job3 is assigned the now free slot and so on until
job5 finishes and the flow ends. Or in other words: how can I assign the next
free slot to the flow job to handle it to the build jobs?

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/2232cf8e-12b5-461a-a276-10f136166d02%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/2232cf8e-12b5-461a-a276-10f136166d02%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.