Hi all,
I'm trying to get a post commit working correctly and I'd like to
understand more about the purpose of the --post-data option in the
post-commit example as showin below:

REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"
UUID=`svnlook uuid $REPOS`
/usr/bin/wget \
--header "Content-Type:text/plain;charset=UTF-8" \
--post-data "`svnlook changed --revision $REV $REPOS`" \
--output-document "-" \
--timeout=2 \ ${HOST}/subversion/${UUID}/notifyCommit?rev=$REV

If I replace it with random data (as shown below), Jenkins does not kick
off a job.

REPOS="$1"
REV="$2"
UUID=`svnlook uuid $REPOS`

POST_DATA=`tr -cd '[:alpha:]' < /dev/urandom | fold -w10 | head -n1`

/usr/sfw/bin/wget \
--header="Content-Type:text/plain;charset=UTF-8" \
--post-data="${POST_DATA}" \
--output-document="-" \
--timeout=2 \
${HOST}/jenkins/subversion/${UUID}/notifyCommit?rev=${REV}

In both cases, the Jenkins log shows "No subversion consumers for UUID
e044f8b4-0b0e-11e5-a6c0-1697f925ec7b", but in the former (with the svnlook
output) a build of the job is kicked off, while the latter (with random)
data does not.  No other log messages are presented for the random string
example.

I believe using --post-data forces wget to POST as opposed to GET, but is
the content it posts actually used?  If so, how since it appears to just be
a change list?

Thanks,
Ben