I have found that you need to add P4 to the “cov-build blacklist”. This tells
Coverity to no wrap these calls.

From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Shobha Dashottar
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:22 PM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Configure SCM in the Coverity Plugin

Hi Team,

   I have configured the Coverity plugin for our build. The cov commands are
issues from the build script itself.  Coverity itself runs fine but I wanted to
enhance further and selected the Source Control (SCM) option. I selected the
perforce option and entered the P4PORT.

But, looks it needs something more. The build run throws this error

java.lang.NullPointerException<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=java.lang.NullPointerException>

08:13:29       at
jenkins.plugins.coverity.ScmOptionBlock.checkScmConfig(ScmOptionBlock.java:73)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=jenkins.plugins.coverity.ScmOptionBlock.checkScmConfig&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
jenkins.plugins.coverity.CoverityLauncherDecorator.decorate(CoverityLauncherDecorator.java:104)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=jenkins.plugins.coverity.CoverityLauncherDecorator.decorate&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.Launcher.decorateFor(Launcher.java:695)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.Launcher.decorateFor&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.Slave.createLauncher(Slave.java:374)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Slave.createLauncher&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.createLauncher(AbstractBuild.java:564)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.createLauncher&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:495)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1744)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Run.execute&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.ResourceController.execute&entity=method>

08:13:29       at
hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:374)<http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Executor.run&entity=method>

Jenkins version : 1.612
Coverity Plugin version : 1.5.0
Coverity version 7.5.0
SCM : Perforce

I checked the line 73 in ScmOptionBlock.java of Coverity Plugin. It says
if(!version.compareToAnalysis(new CoverityVersion(7, 5, 0)) &&
this.scmSystem.equals("perforce2009")){

Any idea what is going wrong? I mainly wanted to see the defect trend on the
job's main page.

Thanks
Shobha

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e42dd99a-8792-427d-a141-0148eaab1d17%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e42dd99a-8792-427d-a141-0148eaab1d17%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.