We have a need to verify whether a given branch is opened or closed before
we start a build.    If the branch is closed (aka locked) I don't want the
build to run, but rather put it in a queue until the branch is open.

I've been trying to identify any plugins/steps to help us execute this
process and have only found the plugins for after the build fails that will
start the
build over (the naginator plugin).

Does anyone have suggestions on how to handle this workflow?

We currently use the build flow plugin for our build process, so our
solution has to work with this build flow process.

Thanks!