Hi all,

I’ve successfully installed Jenkins on a host running in AWS EC2. We’re also
using the
Amazon EC2 plugin [1] to start slaves, which is working fine as well.

To save costs, I’ve configured the slaves to terminate after being idle for 5
minutes.
If we start the next build job, a new, clean EC2 instance gets started.

Since the slaves are now most of the time in a clean state, we also don’t have
a pre-filled
local Maven repository which means that each and every dependency is loaded
from remote
repositories, which takes quite some time.

What is best practice with regards to Maven repositories? Does it make sense to
always
fetch from a remote repo? Is there some kind of “shared” Maven repo I could
use? Any
other suggestions how to deal with that situation?

Thank you very much for your feedback!

-- Basil

[1] http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Amazon+EC2+Plugin