Using Freestyle project rather than Maven-project due to several
recommendations ... ex: as one poster called it : the "evil job type" :-/

Except, when calling it via  "Invoke top-level maven targets", I see it
passes in ALL build parameters as options, can anyone shed light on why
that'd be the case? Or what benefit that provides?
I guess maybe it makes it easier if it's actually desired, but for just
wanting to do simple build, those extra pre-pended options get clunky ...
furthermore, as far as I can tell, there's no mention in any of the help
dialogues that say that'll occur.

The nearest I could find is:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/master/core/src/main/java/hudson/tasks/Maven.java#L316

   ...  where it just includes it straight away :(

Any reasoning, or is it better just to use the Maven job-type ??

Thanks in advance.