Hi,

The problem are the default build strategies. They try to be clever. As I
am using  gerrit here I only use the gerrit-trigger stragety that ensure
only the specified REF (The refspec field in the advanced settings) is
built.  YOu could probably factor the  strategy into its own plugin or just
install the gerrit trigger plugin and use its strategy.

Björn