If you are running 1.580.x then I suspect it is lock contention with
the Queue that is causing the slow page loads.

1.609.x should be much better in that regard... but you may want to
hold back until 1.625.1 as there are some deadlocks that might affect
you in 1.609.1 and 1.609.2 (1.609.3 has most of them fixed, but one
with the old data monitor missed the boat and is in 1.625.1)