From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Sanjeev Singh
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 11:25 AM
To: Jenkins Users
Subject: How to checkout file in Jenkins perforce plugin ?

Hi,
I am a new user to Jenkins and trying to setup a C++ build using perforce. I am
able to create the view and build the project fine using MSBuild.
But I need to modify one header file containing version info before build and
submit the changed file on perforce after build.
I am trying to use 'p4 edit' command, but getting this error :

 <https://jenkins.factset.com/job/Partners/job/NetCli_Win32/ws/>p4> edit -c
default //depot/est/Partners/Tools/Netcli/netcli_version.h

//depot/est/Partners/Tools/Netcli/netcli_version.h - no permission for
operation on file(s).

Please can someone  let me know what is the issue here, why can't I checkout a
file using 'p4 edit' ?

Thanks,

Sanjeev
jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/a942a5e6-ca29-45d7-99bd-73d8272ff3b5%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/a942a5e6-ca29-45d7-99bd-73d8272ff3b5%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.