If you are, like me, living (on the bleeding edge / the dream) that is
workflow-multibranch, you may have scenarios where you need to manage
triggering of downstream builds.

In particular, if you have multiple (dev, release) branches of an upstream
project, leading to multiple (dev,release) branches in a downstream
project, managing them all with explicit triggering can be time-consuming
and prone to error when someone suddenly changes an upstream project
version.

So I knocked up a quick plugin

Basically you can specify triggers in small groovy scripts, and fire events
to trigger them at any stage of your build. e.g: We use this to start up
customer builds before the main build has completely finished.

Details & example projects:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Reactor+Plugin

https://github.com/magnayn/reactor-plugin-test-upstream
https://github.com/magnayn/reactor-plugin-test-downstream

(v < 1.0) --> quick 'n' dirty, WIP, &c &c.