From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Matt Klein
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2015 8:51 AM
To: Jenkins Users
Subject: Manage lib dependencies as compilation or link time dependencies?

Hi folks,

Newbie here looking to use jenkins to manage our build process.  I'm attempting
to follow jenkins best practices.  One specific thing I'm wondering is how to
set up my build dependencies or pipeline.  We have a layered architecture which
consists of many libraries (around 20) and a couple of executables.  So we have
layers of compilation dependencies but really at link time i just have two
stages, libraries and binaries.  My question is should my jenkins job
dependencies reflect the compile time dependencies or just the link time
dependencies?

The source is a mix of c and c++.

Thanks