Thanks Victor for the reply. I was able to use a work around and so far
seems good enough. This is what I did.

Schedule Project A to build at the top of the hour.
Added a post build step to trigger a build on Project B
On Project B I added a quiet period of 1200 and a pre-requisite build step
to check for Project A build success. (used the prerequisite build step
plugin)