Hi,

Piping to a file works, but I don't want to do that, because I want the
output to appear
in the normal Jenkins job console output screen.  Your guess was right, in
that the output
doesn't seem to be fully available to the warnings plugin at the time that
I called it.

I seemed to have fixed the problem by putting a sleep in between the sh
invocation
and warnings plugin invocation like this:

node {
    writeFile(file: "a.c", text: '''
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

void
func1(void)
{
}

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    char *a;
    int64_t *b;
    b = (int64_t *)a;
    printf("Hi");
    printf(NULL);
    printf("%s %d\\n", "35");
    func1();
}
'''
    )
    sh "cc -Wall -W -Wcast-align -o output a.c"
*    sleep 2*

    step([$class: 'WarningsPublisher',
         canComputeNew: true,
         canResolveRelativePaths: false,
         consoleParsers: [[parserName: 'Clang (LLVM based)']],
         defaultEncoding: '',
         excludePattern: '',
         healthy: '',
         includePattern: '',
         messagesPattern: '',
         unHealthy: ''])
}

It is not ideal, but it seems to work for me.  Is there a way to flush the
console output
before invoking the warnings plugin?  That would be "better" than a sleep.

--
Craig

Hmm, seems that the workflow plug-in does not handle the console in the