If I have a Gradle build that uses the Gradle Wrapper, I'm assuming that if
I have Jenkins using the Jenkins Gradle plugin and the "Use Gradle Wrapper"
checkbox is set for the job, then Jenkins will just execute the Gradle
Wrapper script stored in the project. Is this correct?

What exactly are the advantages of doing this, as opposed to just having a
dumb Jenkins job execute "./gradlew"?