I am looking for a REST API handle to get the API key of the user that
ran a job.

That is, within the build steps of a job, I want to get the API key of
the user running the job to use to authenticate to jenkins to carry out
other activities within the job.  In particular I want to use it to
fetch artifacts from another job, but the fetch should be done as, and
authenticated as the user running the job.

Is there a way, within a job to (a) determine the userid of the user
that started the job and/or (b) get that (or just the current) user's
API token?

Cheers,
b.