Hi,

I'm writing a pipeline groovy script. and stumbled upon this problem:

If I try to run step within a function, then function is immediately
terminated and doesn't execute following instructions.
I.e.

I have function:

@NonCPS
def getBuildOutput(build_job) {
    echo "BeforeStep"
    def prop_file=readFile('get_src_job_artifacts/output.properties')
    echo "AfterStep"
    //Execute further processing with non serializable variables
    //....

But when I call it, "BeforeStep" is echoed, but "AfterStep" is not.
instead getBuildOutput returns string read from that file.
Why is that, and is there a way to avoid that?