I do not need help in how to call the HTTP API. Triggering a Jenkins job
requires the Jenkins API token;
my question is to how to have this Jenkins API token without hardcoding it in
the script. The script
is in a public git repo and I dont want the Jenkins API token available to
everyone.

As Jenkins user and user API token are not available via Jenkins env variables,
the solution I found is
to put this data in a file (always in same path) in each Jenkins slave and the
script opens the file
to get the data.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista