If I understand correctly, the Jenkinsfile is stored in the same repository
as the code it manages. But I have a concern with using the Jenkinsfile to
manage pull request integration.

My definition of pull request integration: checkout the destination branch,
merge the pull request, run test, if they pass, push the merge back to
upstream.

And the question is what if users disable the merge by accident? Subsequent
runs won't be able to merge anymore, and it's impossible to undo the damage
when this happens.

Can someone clarify when to use the Jenkinsfile?

Martin