From: Brian Ray <be_...@sbcglobal.net<mailto:be_...@sbcglobal.net>>
Date: Thursday, March 17, 2016 at 11:01 AM
To: Jenkins Users
<jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com>>
Subject: Re: Best Practices with LTS Updates

+1 to what Chris said.

Two more cents worth of advice: When I upgrade one of our Jenkins masters (on
LTS) I first look at the changelogs to have some idea of the delta-- potential
gotchas, new features to evangelize, etc. Aside from critical security releases
I typically wait a day or two after the LTS release is available in the
unlikely event that the LTS release is not S(table). That's never been the
case, but my bias is very conservative for this particular Jenkins master.

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 5:51:42 PM UTC-7, Christopher Orr wrote:
On 14/03/16 19:36, Mark Bidewell wrote:
> I am managing the Jenkins Server for my company.  Recently, we moved
> from 1.609.3 to 1.625.3.  I noticed however that the Required Core
> Dependencies for Pipe line skipped 1.625.x and went from 1.609.1 to 1.642.1.
>
> What are the best practices for selecting LTS versions to update?  Would
> an upgrade from say 1.609.3 to 1.642.2 be safe?

You're already on LTS, so there aren't many more "best practices", other
than update regularly :)

But there should generally be no problem with upgrading between releases
that are relatively close like those two are.

Regards,
Chris

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/b62523a0-5e08-477d-baac-9999498a3722%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/b62523a0-5e08-477d-baac-9999498a3722%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.