Thanks Martin for the response. This is kind of odd, not to say ridiculous,
since there are extremely rare cases where someone would POST something
without a post body!
In any case, for future readers of this question, I would say that I
bypassed this problem by using shell/batch script in Jenkins that contained
a curl