If you installed the windows slave as a service you should not need to
manually launch the jnlp client.  When you log off/on the server, can you
see that the jenkins slave service is actually started via the
services.msc?  Also, from task manager you should see jenkins-slave.exe as
well as a java.exe running without having launched the jnlp client.  The
jenkins-slave.exe is the windows service process, but it launches java.exe
with your jnlp connection information.  It's the java.exe process that
communicates with your jenkins server.