I’m using PTC Integrity for my SCM tool, do you have any suggestions on that ?

From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Moore
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 10:52 AM
To: Jenkins Users <jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: build trigger condition on checkin

On Wednesday, April 27, 2016 at 11:13:05 AM UTC-4, Hector Magnanao wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Jenkins 1.625.2 on Windows and I was wondering if there was a way to
trigger a build only on certain file types.  Right now my build runs on every
checkin and I'd like to narrow it to down to a few type of checkins.

thanks,

If you use a post-commit hook/script to call a jenkins build, then you can have
the hook/script use a regex matching the file types you want to watch and only
trigger a build if a match is found.

If you are using polling and use Subversion for your SCM, then in the  Source
Code Management section under the Subversion Modules subsection, choose
advanced and place a regex matching the file types you want to watch in the
included regions box.  Or you can exclude certain files, users, commit
messages, or revisions with specfic revision properties using the excluded
regions box, excluded users box, excluded commit messages, or exclusion revprop
name fields.

If you are using polling and use Git for your SCM, then using the additional
behaviors pulldown, you can ignore commits from specific users, on specific
paths, or with specific commit messages.   To build on polling if specific
files/paths changed, use the "Polling ignores commits in certain paths"
behavior (I know... not obvious) and put your regex of files to trigger the
build in the included regions box.

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/1d6f81d3-2ebf-4018-bdcd-6e3da696b4fa%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/1d6f81d3-2ebf-4018-bdcd-6e3da696b4fa%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.