Take a look at this and see if it helps:

https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ci/blob/master/scripts/build/build-test.groovy#L227

If you call JUnitArchiver from inside a pipeline, I think it
throws an exception if there is a test failure.
You need to catch the exception, explicitly set currentBuild.result to
FAILURE,
and then re-throw the exception.

It took me a long time to figure it out. :)

--
Craig