I intend to follow up with Cliosoft and ask.  I'll review the GSOC doc more
closely, and see if there's anything I can add.  I noticed the existing
"use custom workspace" option in Jenkins but this seems like a more full
featured implementation (including pipeline code support).

I agree about the large amounts of binary data, and I guess I haven't
gotten far enough in my investigation of Jenkins to realize that as a
problem.   All of our data and machines are on a shared network filesystem,
so I don't have to copy between different nodes.  A lot of data would be in
Cliosoft, but otherwise I was hoping I could point to an upstream workspace
or of a wrapper job.  Also, I think a proper 'populate' from Cliosoft would
create links to the data and avoid copying.  This is all relevant to what
I'm trying to figure out, just overwhelmed with trying to determine a
'best' approach to start with for a variety of different non-native tasks
I'd like to automate.

Thanks.

-Jonathan