Your results seem different from mine.  The commands I executed:

$ docker run -i --rm -p 8080:8080 -p 50000:50000 jenkins /bin/bash
python
print 1 + 1
print 2 + 2
from PIL import Image
^D
2
4
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: No module named PIL

As far as I can tell, that means the PIL module is not available in the
docker image named "jenkins".

Mark Waite