Hello,

We have a debian Jenkins server which runs on the latest jenkins PPA
(currently 2.6). I'm interested to test the Multi-branch pipeline
functionality, in combination with our SVN server. However, all
documentation I find about the topic talks about git. The concept of
branches etc in SVN is significantly different than in GIT. Can someone
here please answer these questions, based on our typical SVN folder
structure (see below):

   1. Where should I store the Jenkinsfile? Is there 1 file for all
   branches or should there be 1 file in each branch?
   2. Which URL should I configure in the job page as the "project
   repository base"?
   3. What patterns should I put in the include/exclude branches boxes?
   4. Currently we create 2 types of builds for each project : 1
   incremental build which runs after each commit, 1 clean build which runs at
   night. How would we do something like that ? Would that need 2 Jenkinsfiles
   per project ?

Background info: our typical SVN layout:

repo_url

-- trunk

---- projectA

---- projectB

---- shared

-- branches

---- branch_name_1

------ projectA

------ shared

---- branch_name_2

------ projectB

------ shared

The projectA, projectB folders in the above structure contain some
svn:externals to the shared folder, so I have to define additional
credentials (which are actually identical as the ones for the main URL) in
the job config SVN section (don't know if this is relevant for my above
questions).

Based on the limited information available, I would currently guess the
answers to my question above to be something like this:

   1. put the jenkins file as repo_url/trunk/projectA/Jenkinsfile (with
   automatic copies each time I make a branch like:
   repo_url/branches/branch_name_1/projectA/Jenkinsfile)
   2. configure the repository base as repo_url
   3. include pattern : trunk/projectA, branches/*/projectA
   4. No idea how to do this

Am I close with these guesses? Is there any place where this is documented
/ explained better that I didn't find?

Kind regards,

Pieter-Jan