Hi,

I've got an odd problem setting up a Jenkins server and i was just
wondering if anybody could suggest a solution. I've set up 3 jobs on my
server:

1. Build-Application - a typical Jenkins job that downloads code from SCM
builds it and run the Unit tests. The generated artifacts are archived.
Then...
2. Deploy-Application - take the archived artifacts, Ssh them to a Linux
server and run an installation script. Then...
3. Functional-Tests - Run the functional tests.

Since step 3 has a very low load on the server but can take a couple of
hours, I've set up a second executor on the Jenkins server. This way fresh
commit in the SCM will be pulled and tested quickly.

The trouble is that the Deploy-Application job can be triggered by the
second executor while the first one is running Functional-Tests. This
causes the functional tests to failing because we've pulled down the
environment while they were running.

Is there a way of blocking the Deploy-Application so that it can't run
while Functional-Tests are in progress?

Cheers!