We've been interested in having multiple "pipelines" per repo primarily for
operational tasks that are independent of delivery. A couple examples:
daily logical backups; some jobs that are manually triggered to manage
production services in the event of an outage. If it's the case that
Jenkinsfile isn't meant to address these types of jobs (which would
otherwise make sense to live within the repo whose service they pertain
to), then it's disappointing to lose out on its way of defining jobs. It'd
be great to have one way to define jobs whether or not they're in a repo's
(or branch's) singular pipeline, rather than relying on a combination of
Jenkinsfile and Netflix's Job-DSL for other jobs, for instance, and ending
up with disparate job DSLs.

Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to define "standalone" jobs
with the same DSL that Jenkinsfile uses? Or are those left to remain
outside of source control (or to some entirely different tool)?