On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:35 PM Michal Medvecky <medve...@pexe.so> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Mark Waite <mark.earl.wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Since the stack trace includes a reference to JGit, you might try
>> switching your freestyle job that authenticates successfully from using the
>> default (command line git) implementation to instead use the jgit
>> implementation.  If the job doesn't authenticate using JGit, then it may
>> indicate some difference between JGit and command line git authentication.
>>

> Well I'm not aware of using jgit - system configuration only refers to
> default git, not jgit.

If you want to use JGit in your jobs (compared to the plugins, which can
use it any time), then you must click the "Git" button and use the "Add"
button in that section to add "JGit" as one of the allowed implementations
of git.

>> If the JGit implementation is not enabled in your system, you can enable
>> it from the "Manage Jenkins" link, and its "Configure System" link.  There
>> will be a "Git" button in that page, where you can add "JGit" as one of the
>> git implementations.
>>

> When I add jgit, nothing changes.

It is not enough to add jgit, you also need to change one or more of your
freestyle jobs that currently use the default (command line) git
implementation to use the jgit implementation.  That is a git
implementation selection ("Git executable") available in your job
definition page after you've enabled jgit.