I tried this tweaking the startup options, but things still grow:
JENKINS_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Djava.awt.headless=true *-Xms4096m -Xmx4096m
-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC*
-Dhudson.model.ParametersAction.keepUndefinedParameters=true"

We are using system groovy script and the python jenkinsapi pip module to
do a lot of things, so I bet something changed in the way things load in
groovy.

I just found a JIRA ticket associated with this:
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-33358

I ran the scripts here:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Monitoring+Scripts and I see a
bazillion things like this (Display heap histogram (object instances per
class)):

sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor

sun.reflect.GeneratedSerializationConstructorAccessor

I'll see if adding this helps any:

-Dgroovy.use.classvalue=true

Alex