That looks like the problem may be that you didn't assign credentials to
the job or that you assigned ssh credentials to a repository that uses
https, and you're trying to clone a private repository.

However, you may want to try a series of small experiments to see which
area has the problem.  Some of the experiments you might try include:

- Create a Jenkins job which clones a publicly accessible sample project
over https (like https://github.com/skeeto/sample-java-project.git ),
confirm it works
- Create a Jenkins job which clones your private repo over ssh (like
g...@github.com:yourname/yourrepo.git
<g...@github.com:y/yourname/yourrepo.git>) using ssh private key credentials
added using the "Add" button
- Add a username / password credential to the job trying to clone your
repository (the output hints you may have tried using a public key, but
public keys only work with ssh access, not with https access)

Mark Waite