On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:50 AM kamlesh nattamai ramesh babu <
nrkaml...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I need your advice badly.. We are Maintaining  2 GIT repo for handling
> code.
>
> 1. *Core repo*: This repo contains the core files which is commonly used
> for all the projects as a core base files.
> 2. *Site repo*: This repo contains the site wise file which will merge
> with core while GIT deployment.

I assume in my comments below that the verb "merge" in the above comment
means "combine the files from both git repositories into a single
directory.  I assume in my comments below that the verb "merge" does not
mean "perform the 'git merge' command across two git repositories".

If those assumptions are wrong, then my comments should be ignored.

> Both CORE and SITE will get merged with each other while doing the GIT
> deployment.  We maintain the CORE plugins in the *core repo* and site
> wise plugins in *site repo. *So both the repo will contain the same
> folder name called "WP-CONTENT" which contain core plugins in core repo and
> site plugins in site repo. Both the folder will get merged while deploying
> the code thru GIT. I want to make this process automate thru *JENKIN
> deployment* but it is not happening.

The Jenkins git plugin can't combine the contents of two different
repositories into the same root workspace folder.  Thus, you can't use the
Jenkins git plugin to have a single job workspace root folder which
contains both CORE and SITE repositories at its root.

You can (with the pipeline plugin, or with the multiple SCM's plugin)
checkout multiple repositories into subdirectories of the workspace root
folder.  You could then run a build step which combines the contents of the
"WP-CONTENT" directory from each of those subdirectories into a single
subdirectory of your choosing inside the workspace.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "Both the folder will get merged
while deploying the code thru GIT".

Thanks,
Mark Waite