From: Jonathan Hodgson
Sent: Wednesday, 19 October, 22:58
Subject: Is there a way to make jenkins serve up script generated pages?
To: Jenkins Users

Okay, so here's the situation.

I have build logs in xml format, and an sxlt file to convert them to nice
pretty html.

Currently the way I'm doing this is with an html and js file in userContent to
apply the xslt on the client end, so I have a ;link on my build page that is

/userContent/msbuild/MSBuildLog.html?logxml=/job/MyBuild/1043/artifact/Win32_Release_build_log.xml

MsBuildLog.Htnl being the wrapper page that loads the xml file from the
artifact link, applies the xslt transform and displays the result.

Now this works correctly, and is usable

GOOD SIDE:

I can change the xslt file to improve the display of the log. This is important
because at the moment the XSLT is very much a work in progress, and since I'm
cimpletely new to XSLT I expect it to remain so for quite a while (especially
as I'm supposed to be spending most of my time on actual deliverable code
rather audo build stuff). Doing a one off conversion at build time and
artifacting the generated html really isn't viable for the moment

BAD SIDE:

It's slow. Ok not unusably so, but certainly enough to be irritating and mess
with my workflow.

So the ideal would be to do something similar on the server end. If I was
running everything in Apache, no issue, I could use PHP, but I don't think
that's an option here if I'm just using theJenkins server.

Is there a way to do this that anybody knows?

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/16e6fb5f-5385-4f04-9312-44640e781359%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/16e6fb5f-5385-4f04-9312-44640e781359%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.