I am not sure the stages you are talking about are same as what Jenkins
Pipelines calls stages.

Jenkins, at its core, is a job server. In Pipelines, a stage is a segment
of a job. Stages of a build job would be something like "Build Binaries" or
"Upload Build Artifacts" - something that is part of one logical job. What
you are talking is a deployment process which is really a separate job from
a build job, and not really a "stage" of build.

So, my approach would be (and is, in some cases):

* Set up a Pipeline build for the develop branch
* Make sure the build job archives either deployment artifact(s) or pointer
to them - something that can be used for deployment.
* Set up a separate deployment job (can also be Pipeline) that takes in
parameters for a build run and target environment (stage, QA, UA, PreProd,
Production, whatever), and grabs artifacts/pointers from the selected run
and performs a deployment

Now, if you want to get fancy, you make that first "build" job a
MultiBranch job that builds both develop and some versions of the feature
branches (I've used /feature/build/* pattern) and then modify the selection
of the job run to select from multiple branches (need to write a Groovy
based Parameter selector for that) - and now you can deploy builds from
feature branches for testing BEFORE they are merged into develop

HTH,

-M