Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Jenkins Server 2.19.1, running on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, on VMware
Workstation v12
Jenkins Slave 1, on Win 7 Enterprise SP1, on VMware WS v12
Jenkins Slave 2, on Win 7 Enterprise SP1, on VMware WS v12

all above VM's are running on same physical host (Win10 Enterprise).

Scenario:
 - start pipeline job on both slave VMs - BAT script is run to execute
MSbuild for x86 (VM1) and x64 (VM2)
 - job is running fine, and usually takes about 1hr to complete.
 - while job is running, Manage Plugins, and download & install Vsphere
plugin, checking the "Restart after download and NO JOBS RUNNING"

Jenkins immediately restarts.

Good News: the build seems to have NOT been affected
Bad News: my adrenaline levels at the surprise (there was, after all, a job
running...)
Unsure if good/bad news: the BAT script seems to have re-issued the MSbuild
command - not clear if this actually re-ran the command, OR, MSbuild was
smart enough to just keep going even though the Server was "not there"

My Ask: is this normal pipeline behavior?
Thank you for any clarification on this.