Based on your result, and based on the fact that no one in our group
touched Jenkins Plugins in any way (in our build servers), is it possible
that some sort of internal code in our Jenkins main installation (we are
using Jenkins 2.5, which was installed earlier this year) could have
changed on its own our Jenkins plugin file extensions from *.hpi to *.jpi?

Or is this impossible and has this change occurred because of some human
error that occurred in the Jenkins\Plugins folders in our build machines?