No maven.

In GitHub, I can select a commit to become a release. When I do this it
churns the commit into a tarball with all of the git stuff removed. I then
want to take this tarball and turn it into a docker image. Sounds strange,
I know, but here is my workflow:

1. contributors use pull requests
2. Jenkins uses pull request plugin to run validation checks -- loads of
them actually
3. Make a branch for release
4. Jenkins uses push to branch to run I&T tests
5. Use step 2 to fix problems.
6. Pull changes from merge to master from (2) into (3).
7. Back to step (4)
8. Rinse and repeat until clean.
9. With nod from I&T, make a release in github.
10. Jenkins should be notified of release and build related docker image
from it
11. Jenkins deploys docker image

>From this we can see that there are three interactions between Jenkins and
GH. I have the first one working -- pull requests. I can see in the
configuration how to trigger on push then I think I can use refspec and
branch to limit which builds are actually done in the push trigger.
However, my I&T team is not quite ready to start integrating yet so I am
jumping to the third, which is the trigger build on GH release. I do not
see any configuration buttons for such a nice feature.

Now I am fishing for help. If plugins are not too horrible, I would like
simply extend the existing one to include trigger on release hook. Then I
though I could do it by using the trigger from script -- for me that is
github hook. However I need the payload information. I found this forum and
thought I would ask for help before plunging into a swamp filled with dread.