The git plugin allows a user to define the git executable which will be
used to perform git commands.  That allows users to override the default
git executable (for example, with /usr/local/bin/git instead of the default
"git").

That configuration is performed through "Manage Jenkins" -> "Global Tool
Configuration".  In that page, there is a section "Git" which probably has
a section named "Default".  In that section, there is a field named "Path
to Git executable".  My guess is that field is empty in your installation,
or the default git installation has been deleted and you need to add a git
installation named "Default".

Unfortunately, the global configuration page should show some warning that
the field should not be empty.  It doesn't do that.

Mark Waite