I've read on several places that matrix jobs in pipeline are replaced by
the "parallel" step. However, this doesn't work at all with junit tests. We
have a bunch of JUnit tests that are tested on different OS. They are
exactly the same tests for all OS, hence also the output file names are
identical. This wasn't a problem with matrix jobs because every axis was
treated as an independent job and you could easily browser the tests for
every configuration. With a parallel pipeline this isn't possible because
all result files collect by "junit" are thrown together which makes it
impossible to distinguish and also sometimes the display is just wrong
(depending on which parallel branch is collected the last). In short,
parallel is totally useless in such cases.
Now I'm wondering if there are any plans to address this issue (I guess
many users have the same problem) or if there is another approach to run
the same tests on several OS with a pipeline job.