Hello,

The JVM has cool standard features that help you at least know what the
hell it's doing. IMO that's the first thing to do before acting.
You also for instance want to know if really your system is overloaded or
not before possibly growing it, and risking a stab in the dark.

Basically start with vmstat. Especially look for system consistently
swapping. Having a swapping/thrashing jvm/system is indeed going to be very
sluggish.

Then you may want to look at thread dumps and possibly heap dump depending
on some factors.

If you don't feel like you can do that, with my corp cap on, be aware that
some companies like mine do offer professional support for Jenkins. With
your apparent load, it would probably not seem wasteful to be backed by
Jenkins experts.

HTH