I have several projects that are multi module projects that are like the
following

Project1

+-module1

  +-pom.xml

+-module2

  +-pom.xml

Each project is configuration controlled in git as their own project

Now, I have created a parent project with the following flat structure.
This is because I would like to keep each project with its own git project.
 That seems sensible for me???

Parent

+-pom.xml

Project1

+-module1

  +-pom.xml

+-module2

  +-pom.xml

Project2

+-module1

  +-pom.xml

+-module2

  +-pom.xml

The parent pom references each project like the following

  <modules>

    <module>../*project1*</module>

    <module>../*project2*</module>

  </modules>

This is fine as per maven documentation and all works ok locally but when I
build this from Jenkins I run into issues.  This is because Jenkins cant
find the pom file for each project.  Basically this is down to the flat
directory structure!  Is there any way in Jenkins that I can get over this
issue?