On Thu, 13 Apr 2017, at 14:08, David Aldrich wrote:
> Thanks for your answer, it was very helpful.
>
> Regarding the SCM, in Blue Ocean I clicked 'New Pipeline' and was asked
> 'Where do you store your code?'. I was offered Git or Github.  Does that
> mean I can't store a Jenkinsfile in svn?

Ah, yeah, that particular Blue Ocean shiny new setup workflow thingy
currently only supports Git / GitHub.  I have no idea whether adding SVN
is planned, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Maybe one of the developers
can chime in, or you can check JIRA for related feature requests.

But you certainly should be able to store your Jenkinsfile in SVN — when
you create a new Pipeline job (via the "classic" UI), you can choose
"Jenkinsfile from SCM" and there you should be able to point it at your
repo URL.

According to this blog post, you should even be able to use the
multibranch functionality with SVN (which I find surprising; not sure if
it's true):
https://jenkins.io/blog/2015/12/03/pipeline-as-code-with-multibranch-workflows-in-jenkins/

Regards,
Chris