We're running a lot of startup scripts for our jenkins box (user_data on
our EC2 instance, mounting etc), is there a way to get the inbuilt start
screen to show up (through a groovy script perhaps) and then to take it
back down again so that anyone trying to use the box in this time is unable
to?

Failing that, is there anyway to lock Jenkins from being used at all until
we say it's ready? (No login screen even)

Thanks

Matt