Hi,

Will it be possible to use a local project directory path instead of git
url in build configuration, and then click 'Build Now' button which will
run a given command in that directory?
I am basically aiming logging all the runs of a project here, for e.g. to
log the environment variables used in each run. Need to do this for my
build tool project (in git), so will be useful to log which combination of
env versions used to create a particular version of a plugin from source
(for e.g. the company-wide env versions used in compiling and building
alembic code using my project). All in my team can clone our project into a
common local path in our machines, say /disk1/projects/, and use that path
in Jenkins instead of git url. Will it be possible?

If this is possible, can we externally trigger the 'Build Now' button click
in Jenkins?

Thanks
Jojan