I've just updated Jenkins to 2.x and am having problems configuring some
jobs.

1. I created a Global Maven settings.xml file with the
*Config File Management Plugin*
2. Within that file I added:
<localRepository>/srv/maven/.m2/repository</localRepository> , since I want
the repository to be on that location
3. Created a new Maven Project. Tried to make the Job see that file by:
3.1 Build Environment - Provide Configuration file -Choose my file,
variable MY_SETTINGS OR
3.2 Add pre-build step - provide configuration files
AND: then adding -s $MY_SETTINGS to either *goals and options *or
*MAVEN_OPTS*

However, none of these seems to work. The job seems to try to use the
default maven repository location (/usr/share(tomcat7/.m2) - which I have
no idea how to re-define:

provisioning config files...
copy managed file [MYFILE settings] to
file:/srv/webapps/jenkins/jobs/testJob/workspace@tmp/config3408982272576109420tmp
provisioning config files...
copy managed file [MYFILE settings] to
file:/srv/webapps/jenkins/jobs/testJob/workspace@tmp/config2203063037747373567tmp
Parsing POMs
using global settings config with name MYFILE settings
Replacing all maven server entries not found in credentials list is true
Deleting 1 temporary files
ERROR: Failed to create /usr/share/tomcat7/.m2
Finished: FAILURE

Do you know what could be missing, or how to fix this?

Cheers,

Miguel