Hi

Two of our declarative script jobs have failed for similar reasons.  The jobs
normally run with no problem.  We are running Jenkins 2.91.

The jobs take several hours to complete.  Each one failed part way through and
gave the following message in its console log:

ERROR: missing workspace /data/hudsonuser/workspace/<job_name>_trunk on <node>

The Jenkins system log shows this message that is coincident with the failure:

Nov 26, 2017 9:04:34 PM INFO hudson.model.AsyncPeriodicWork$1 run

Started Workspace clean-up

Nov 26, 2017 9:04:50 PM WARNING jenkins.branch.WorkspaceLocatorImpl locate

JENKINS-34564 path sanitization ineffective when using legacy Workspace Root
Directory '${ITEM_ROOTDIR}/workspace'; switch to
${JENKINS_HOME}/workspace/${ITEM_FULLNAME} as in JENKINS-8446 / JENKINS-21942

What is going on here and how should I fix it?

Best regards

David