This is the limitation of 5000 requests per hour.

Ideally we would look into caching the github responses so that duplicate
requests could be eliminated... but my preliminary analysis shows that
would basically save about 50% of the requests.

The recommendation for "*Scan Organization Triggers* -> *Periodically if
not otherwise run*" is *at least 8 hours* more likely somewhere between 24h
and 7 days *depending on how long you are willing to wait* for a failure to
deliver an event from GitHub.

There are only two good reasons to scan periodically:

1. To recover from missed events (keep in mind that follow-up commits will
typically recover anyway, so the only case here is a commit before bedtime
not being built by morning because that event was not delivered by GitHub)
2. To run the orphaned item strategies (which is probably fine at once per
week for most people)

The only other reason to scan periodically is a bad one, namely

* You cannot set up push notification from GitHub