I have been setting up pipeline job in Jenkins which is basically aimed at
checking out code from Subversion, build and deploy it into Weblogic, run
Cucumber test and then send out an email notification.

PFB my environment related information:
Java 1.8
Weblogic 12c
SMTP server(For mailing)

My pipeline is running fine until executing Cucumber test but the job meant
for sending email is not working for me. I have tried sending email as
individual job also but no luck.

I installed the email-ext template plugin thinking it will resolve my issue
around triggering emails. However this plugin mandates the email-ext plugin
to upgrade to 1.0 along with which workflow related plugins(workflow-job
and workflow-support) get installed as dependencies. And then when I
trigger any job I keep getting this error:

FATAL: jenkins/scm/RunWithSCM
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jenkins/scm/RunWithSCM
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.defineClassFromData(AntClassLoader.java:1139)
at
hudson.ClassicPluginStrategy$AntClassLoader2.defineClassFromData(ClassicPluginStrategy.java:878)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.getClassFromStream(AntClassLoader.java:1310)
at
jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClassInComponents(AntClassLoader.java:1366)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClass(AntClassLoader.java:1326)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.loadClass(AntClassLoader.java:1079)
at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.workflow.job.WorkflowJob$SCMListenerImpl.onCheckout(WorkflowJob.java:651)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:609)
at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:86)
at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:529)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1741)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: jenkins.scm.RunWithSCM
at
jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClassInComponents(AntClassLoader.java:1376)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.findClass(AntClassLoader.java:1326)
at jenkins.util.AntClassLoader.loadClass(AntClassLoader.java:1079)
... 17 more
Email was triggered for: Always
Sending email for trigger: Always
Sending email to: chaitanya.bharad...@xx.com(sample, while actually I have
configured valid email id)
Finished: FAILURE

*And for next consecutive run on the same job I get this error*:

Building in workspace /opt/software/ngae_jenkins/workspace/SendMail

FATAL: org/jenkinsci/plugins/workflow/job/WorkflowRun

[...]

I have checked on all available forums over internet but couldn't find
anything helpful. I have bee trying multiple things but all in vain. Can
you please suggest any way forward here.