G'day,

We are running Jenkins v2.89.2 and Gradle v4.4.2 on Windows Server 2012

We've defined a project that runs a Gradle (javaexec) task using Invoke
Gradle script. The javaexec Gradle task processes batches of MS-Office
documents by running our Java program, which uses Jacob libraries to make
calls out to MS-Office COM objects. This all works fine if we invoke the
task by calling Gradle directly, i.e.

gradlew.bat ourTaskname

The problem comes about when we try to do likewise from Jenkins. The
javaexec task is invoked but the problem is that for each document that is
processed a WINWORD process is started. These processes never end, and
eventually as more documents are processed, more WINWORD processes are
created and the system grinds to a halt. This only happens when Jenkins
runs our Gradle task.

Any ideas on how to sort this out would be much appreciated?

Thanks,
Chris.