Hello Francois,

I think this -- still rather small amount of additional flexibility -- already
asks for scripted pipelines instead of declarative ones (cf.
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-46547).

At least for now, but I guess/assume not just for now… (Although I just
stumbled over https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-42224 “Need ability
to create reusable chunks of Declarative Pipeline”…)

Of course, scripted pipelines within shared pipelines allow for even more fancy
and flexible stuff whilst providing the same API for usage in Jenkinsfile, so
from the perspective of the users it may not make any difference.

Regards,
Reinhold

P.S.: Nonetheless I therefore hope that (really) all cool features from
declarative pipelines will be available to scripted ones too: hm, admittedly at
the moment only https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-47286 “Support
skipping stages in scripted pipelines for nice visualization in blue ocean and
classic UI stage view” comes to my mind…